Monday, October 27, 2008

Concentration Is Our Game



According to Gizmodo.com, a US company has developed a headset that reads your brainwaves. Oh joy.

Here's what the website says: "NeuroSky's prototype measures a person's baseline brain-wave activity, including signals that relate to concentration, relaxation and anxiety. So, if you're playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour and you lose concentration, you could find your shot buried in the rough if you fail to keep your Zen-like concentration." For more, read here.

I'm thinking that I could use one of these gadgets.
I'm not a gamer, but it could be said...
it could be argued...(possibly)
that I do lose concentration every once in a while.

I'm wondering, could a tool like this give me a little shock when I speak aloud my intentions but then immediately go in a different direction?

"I am going to do the laundry."
(Heading upstairs, away from the laundry) Zzzzt!
"Ouch!"
Zzzzt!
"I just need to get something first!"
Zzzzt! Zzzzt! ZZZZT!
"Okay, okay OKAY I will do the laundry and then
I will do that other really important thing that I was going to do instead."

It could work.

*

6 comments:

Heidi Lee said...

I am totally getting a visual of you getting z-z-zapped. Hilarious.

I think we should get them for our KIDS!!

Kristy said...

If I wore that, it'd probably blink out from lack of activity.

Eating dry Chocolate Lucky Charms as we speak.

Love your Saturday Cereal Idea.

Stealing it.

Unknown said...

It could work, but I think Cryderman's are genetically resistant to such outside influence/external impulse, not unlike our Collie Roney who with the reckless abandon would cross the invisible fence lines-because he could.

I say embrace the you and accept the phone at the botton of the DW once and a while.

kool kenna said...

wow i really need that!
but with me it may not work, after a littlt while i get used to or just ignore stuff

Carin said...

let me know if it works.
joel would pay big bucks for that.

mrc-w said...

It would be cool to stay on task, but I don't think it's worth how WEIRD you would look with that contraption on your head, hahaha :) If I had it I would only be productive at home because there's no way I'd go out in public with that, hahaha :) But good idea!