Monday, December 07, 2009

Sleepless


It happens sometimes.

Went to bed at 10, woke up at 2 this morning, with a gasp,
remembering a particularly painful moment from yesterday.

In the middle of the night it's hard to let it go, you know?

Had a first gig with a new little band and for the most part it went well.
If I can look at the overall picture, it was a good first time.

But there were a few train wreck moments courtesy of me,
and in the middle of the night, the big picture fades away,
the spotlight zooms in,
and my heart starts banging around.

Today will be particularly challenging.

A rehearsal at noon, a piano gig tonight.

In between those, there is a child transportation issue,
and several students.

I've been taking things one day at a time,
and it has been working,
but the sleepless night means that one day
is sort of
bleeding into the next.

You know?

*

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i understand that feeling completely...my days have been bleeding a bit of late...took a while to get to sleep last night...ended up scribbling my journal until i emptied, then ready to sleep...

CiCi said...

I have sleep problems often. Never the same thing and not something I can track. Just happens whenever and however. Oh well. Have gotten used to the fact and sleep when I can and then when I do get several hours sleep I am so grateful. My hubby is on meds for his bipolar and he sleeps all night through, and that is a blessing.

Diane said...

Yep, I know.