Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Indeed


The nine-year-old boy twin was nowhere to be seen at bedtime.

He usually sleeps on the floor between his sisters' beds in their room.
He's done that ever since we moved and gave him his own room.
He sleeps flat on the carpet, with absolutely nothing underneath him,
just a blanket on top, and somehow we've let him continue this because:

a) He says he's perfectly comfortable and
b) For five years now it seemed like it was going to be a temporary thing.

So I was surprised to find he wasn't in the girls' room
and I popped my head into his own darkened bedroom.

"Are you in here?" I asked the darkness.

Silence, and then:

"Indeed," the darkness answered back.

I rolled my eyes and went back downstairs.

4 comments:

Heidi Lee said...

Awwww, Heather, sort of sad he's moved on!

I love that he said "indeed". Thats great!

mrc-w said...

Hahaha, he is so funny :) Indeed!

kool kenna said...

lol
indeed

Diane said...

indeed. What a great word - gonna use it tomorrow.