Monday, April 16, 2012

Just Me


It will be just the kids and me for at least a month,
while Matt helps to open some new Party City stores in the Toronto area.

He will be gone 10 days, home for 4, gone another 10, etc.
And during the 4 days home will likely work at his own store at least part of the time.

I always really ramp up my expectations for times like these.
And I'm usually way more efficient, way more organized,
way ahead of the game, as if I'm trying to prove that I can do it all myself.

But I feel a little anxious this time, a little less ready.
A little bit lost.

I think the older I get, the more I feel like I'm forgetting something all the time.

I hope it's not anything important.

*

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

you know...it is times like these we need to give ourselves a bit of grace when we are handling it all on our own...you will forget things...and most likely it will be ok...

Heidi Lee said...

You are so funny.

We should have met up a few times while he was gone!!