Monday, September 17, 2007

Failure to Deliver


Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

Sorry, it didn't work out.

I've given up.

This is an actual failure-to-deliver message, just received today.
Friends and I commented that it sounds so fatal.

Like....like we're breaking up.

Clear communication is so vital in relationships. Have you ever tripped over words because they are so full of meaning and emotion? Or been paralyzed in the delivery of bad news...unable to spin it in any way that will not cause pain? I have. Sometimes I think the only way that I can really communicate my true feelings is through the written word.

My tongue is a wild thing. I speak too quickly and assume that I've spoken some of the words already going through my head. Or I think aloud and my listeners assume I have come to a conclusion when I may end up, at the end of my speech, completely contradicting myself as I finally realize how I really feel. I become tongue-tied and self-conscious in the strangest of situations - sometimes it is just because of the way another looks at me.

But I love to write.

I love to back-space.
I love to read-over.
I love to do-over.

If I find an error I pounce on it, and then I have to start over reading from the beginning. I like to have other people (friendly, dramatic, expressive people) read what I write. Aloud. And they must put emphases on the correct words, and they musn't read it too fast.
And if they flub a sentence they should begin again.

Writing is a persistent thing. You keep trying until you get it right.
No giving up -- more working it out.

No breaking up.

T#s4X failure notice: I am so very sorry. I have tried everything that I could possibly think of to get your mail delivered to this recipient, and nothing is working. After a while I just re-wrote the e-mail myself, paraphrasing your general message (and correcting your grammar), and I sent it under a new hotmail address that I opened in your name. I hope you don't mind. LOVE: MAILER-KULIO.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I cannot believe how good your are getting at your graphics!!!

I love to read your writing.

But I love to hear you talk, too.

Kulio said...

thanks!!!

peace and love :-)